Proceeds from programs and guest room & board generate most of the income needed to cover the Ashram's operating expenses. However, we depend on the generous support of our friends and members for the additional income needed for operating, as well as to help us maintain and improve our infrastructure and expand our facilities.
We hope you will join us for some of the special celebrations, programs and retreats scheduled this season.
Newly renovated Dining Hall
Architectural rendering of Shanti Sadanam
Support Your Ashram Generously!
If you would like to make a donation toward the continuing blossoming of the Ashram, please click on one of these links:
- Donations to this fund will be used for the beautiful renovations and enhancements to the dining hall that were completed in June 2017. This added a new roof, higher ceilings, additional seating, new lighting, windows, heating and cooling systems, and updates to one of our oldest buildings.
- Donations to this fund will be used to replace and expand our present guest and teacher apartments with a new building, the Shanti Sadanam. The Building is designed for 12 bedrooms with engineering in place for further expansion in the future. The goal is to do the building construction in phases as the funds become available, beginning with 7 bedrooms this fall after our busy summer season.
- Contributions will be used to rebuild the bridge to the island in the lake, which traditionally served to host many special ceremonies and Ashram celebrations. Additional funds may be designated toward a new teacher's apartment.
- Money contributed to the General Fund is used in a variety of ways including for maintenance and beautification of our buildings, grounds and roadways. It will help cover the costs associated with the daily operations and guest services of the Yoga Society such as utility bills, etc.
• The Yoga Society of New York, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit tax-exempt organization. Your gift is tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.